Diane Main Park, formerly Twin Lakes Park
Corner of West 59th
Street and Williams
200 W. 59th St.
- Twin Lakes Learning Center Preschool
- 3 Softball/Baseball Fields
- 3 Tennis Courts
- 2 Basketball Courts
- Football/Soccer Field
- Picnic Area
- Fishing Ponds
- Shelter with Restrooms
- Paved Interior Walking Path
- Access to Twin Lakes Woods
PARK BOARD PRESIDENT HONORED WITH THE DEDICATION OF DIANE MAIN PARK
“It is our privilege to rename Twin Lakes Park in honor of Diane Main,” said Park District Director Bob Fleck after the dedication ceremony on July 4. “Diane epitomizes the essence of community service and this park dedication is a fitting recognition.”
Main was also presented with a proclamation and a Key to the Village from Westmont Mayor Ron Gunter at the park’s dedication on July 4. The proclamation highlighted a number of Main’s achievements over the years:
* Main has resided in Westmont for 45 years and raised her 3 children in Westmont while serving the community over 4 decades.
* Main has served as an elected official on the Westmont Park Board for almost 40 years and has been the President for the past 3 years.
* Main has been instrumental in the Park District’s growth from 32 acres of parks in 1978 to 137 acres today.
* Main has played a key role in the development of Ty Warner Park, Twin Lake Golf Course, Twin Lakes Woods, Westmont Skatepark, Ty Warner Splash Park, Westmont Senior Center in addition to 15 parks throughout Westmont.
* Main was elected and served in the role of President of the Illinois Association of Park Districts to support the success of the Westmont Park District.
It has also been noted that while Diane has endured health challenges over the last few years, her passion and commitment for the Park District and the community has never waned. The Westmont Park District Board of Commissioners and staff congratulate Diane Main on this honor and thank her for her many years of service to the community
Twin Lakes Park Facilities
Twin Lakes Park is the second largest park in Westmont consisting of 17 acres and is home to the Westmont Park District youth and adult softball programs. Twin Lakes Park is also home to the Twin Lakes Learning Center Preschool.
Key features of the park include 3 softball/baseball fields, 3 tennis courts, 2 basketball courts, football/soccer field, picnic area, fishing ponds, shelter with restrooms and paved interior walking path. The shelter is available for rentals to Westmont residents. Twin Lakes Park also offers a convenient access point to Twin Lakes Woods.